Honestly, everywhere else has only made me love you best!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Seven Years Later, What's Changed?

I have not dreamed that I sleep in a MUNI bus shelter since my post below in 2008. Suze Orman's worst nightmare scenario behind me. This does not suggest that I can actually afford retirement living in San Francisco or surrounding communities. Who knew the world would be in an absolute upside down mess?

Mayor Gavin Newsom now serves as California's Lt. Governor, I remain unclear what the Lt. does. Expect Newsom to run in the next Governor's race as Jerry Brown terms out. Kamala Harris serves as Attorney General and moved to Southern California. Harris will run for Barbara Boxer's U.S. Senate seat as Boxer retires.

Seven years later, my homeless neighbor continues shuffling up and down Nob Hill streets. He still looks frail and dirty. And I still wonder where he sleeps, how he eats---how in the world has he survived?

No comments: