Honestly, everywhere else has only made me love you best!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Three Precious SF Moments 4/24/15

My Mother use to say that everything happens in Threes.

Out and about doing an errand on a breezy, cool, drought dry, and sun-filled day in San Francisco. Riding the #2 Clement St. bus on Sutter out of downtown, I came upon precious moment #1 looking out the window around the Larkin St. stop. As my day evolved, two more Precious Moments touched my heart.

Precious Moment #1: A man and best friend on her leash, a tiny black and white Chihuahua dressed  in an equally tiny hot pink warmer vest whose four paws were protected in teensy hot pink sneakers. A-dorable.

Precious Moment #2: For the second day in a row on the #2 Clement, I saw the same young girl riding the bus with a sweet yellow Lab service dog for the blind. Each day this mellow companion lay on the floor out of the aisle and under the seat by the girl's legs. I could not see if the Lab was a female or male, but on both days, this precious being made a point to find a comfortable position so it's snout lay on the girl's foot, wanting to feel her and be as close as possible to his companion. Once in a while, the young Lab raised up as if seeking affection, a pet or scratch behind the ear. I wondered if the girl was legally blind or helping to train the dog for someone else.

Precious Moment #3: A young Mother teaching her little girl how to roller skate in the wonderful little Sue Bierman Park located between Washington and Clay along The Embarcadero. The little girl appeared to be about four or five and was also dressed in a hot pink ensemble with matching hot pink and white durable plastic skates. I passed them on the sidewalk and as her Mom held her hand, I heard the little girl say, 'I want to to do it by myself’.

OK.

A few steps later, I turned around to see how going it alone went, Mom had walked over to put down a backpack on a park bench while the little girl bravely struggled to stand up again by herself after falling. Bless her heart.

No comments: