Honestly, everywhere else has only made me love you best!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Chinatown Y 4/26/15

Upon leaving full-time employment in mid January, I renewed my membership at the Chinatown YMCA just down the hill on Sacramento St.. Our Chinatown Y is lovely, the ground floor lobby proudly showcases the first Olympic sized saline swimming pool in the city. On the far back wall of the aquatic pool, a huge mural depicts people precious to the Chinatown Y's history. 

My welcome Wellness Consultant, Ken Johe was asked if he would like to be a part of the mural. Ken told me he was surprised and felt humbled to be a part. He beamed with pride while sharing that he began coming to the Chinatown Y as a young boy and how much it meant for him to be able to come here as a child. 

Today, Ken serves as a Board Member, works a full time day job and continues to give back to the local Y that helped shape the sweet young man he has become.  

No comments: